WAR OF THE WORLDS

A place to say what you want.
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

311Chik wrote:I haven't seen the movie yet but from what I gather here....
The aliens dying easily is because they can't handle our diseases, sounds like in Signs where the aliens died from water yet they came to a planet that is something like 80% water and the atmosphere here is filled with water vapor? These alien movies they really need to come up with better ways to kill the aliens. Like in Independence day, they had to blow up the space ship, not splash some water or sneeze on them.
The aliens just totally missed the water and landed...on land! :wink:

But I guess the alien's need real water contact to be killed, and that the water vapor doesn't affect them.

I like the way aliens died in WOW, and the message at the end of the movie.
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

Subnova wrote:
311Chik wrote:I haven't seen the movie yet but from what I gather here....
The aliens dying easily is because they can't handle our diseases, sounds like in Signs where the aliens died from water yet they came to a planet that is something like 80% water and the atmosphere here is filled with water vapor? These alien movies they really need to come up with better ways to kill the aliens. Like in Independence day, they had to blow up the space ship, not splash some water or sneeze on them.
The aliens just totally missed the water and landed...on land! :wink:

But I guess the alien's need real water contact to be killed, and that the water vapor doesn't affect them.

I like the way aliens died in WOW, and the message at the end of the movie.
Good thing it didn't rain then huh?

I haven't seen WOW yet, this is just what I got from reading this post haha.
LickSamba311
You got a choice of what you can do

Post by LickSamba311 »

LAdies and gents. a new movie has been added to the favorites list of licksamba. i didnt even have the help of herb for this movie. didn't even need it

war of the worlds.

tom cruise, sweet job as usual. no surprise there. dakota girl, you were good too. she was good in "I am Sam" too. the thought and sight of the people gettin the blood sucked out and then havin it sprayed all over. whoa. wicked. how did Robby live though? what a trooper. off to the military he goes. YES SIR
Last edited by LickSamba311 on Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned everywhere is war, me say war.
http://www.myspace.com/daveskiimeetsdub

Post by Guest »

She's annoyingggggggg
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

Element wrote:She's annoyingggggggg
Not as annoying as most people said. People said she screams alot in the movie, which is not true.

The special effects in the movie were just awesome. The Tripods were really brought to life.
LickSamba311

Post by LickSamba311 »

Subnova wrote:
Not as annoying as most people said. People said she screams alot in the movie, which is not true.

The special effects in the movie were just awesome. The Tripods were really brought to life.
the best special effects movie so far. when the first tripod came up out of the ground, it was amazing. my mouth was open. the noise those things made were some scary stuff. remember when rachel (dakota) was lookin for somewhere to take a leak and she saw that dead body floating in the water.. then all of a sudden there were like a hundred dead bodies floating. that could scar a girl. ouch
Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned everywhere is war, me say war.
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

LickSamba311 wrote:
Subnova wrote:

the best special effects movie so far. when the first tripod came up out of the ground, it was amazing. my mouth was open. the noise those things made were some scary stuff. remember when rachel (dakota) was lookin for somewhere to take a leak and she saw that dead body floating in the water.. then all of a sudden there were like a hundred dead bodies floating. that could scar a girl. ouch
That would be scary, but I thought what was jaw dropping was when the News team was by the downed airplane and showed Ray (Tom Cruise) the footage of the tripods.

Some amazing stuff. And I loved the wreckage at teh end of the movie as well.
LickSamba311

Post by LickSamba311 »

oh yeah the footage in the news van was sweet!
what about when that angry mob took over their van?! cruise had a gun to break it all up, then some asshole had a gun too and point it point blank to his head. i was expecting some mission impossible move and a broken arm or neck or somethin. haha. but nope. still all good though.
miT_311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by miT_311 »

LickSamba311 wrote:oh yeah the footage in the news van was sweet!
what about when that angry mob took over their van?! cruise had a gun to break it all up, then some asshole had a gun too and point it point blank to his head. i was expecting some mission impossible move and a broken arm or neck or somethin. haha. but nope. still all good though.
that part was fucking crazy
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

miT_311 wrote:
Heck yeah that part was pretty crazy. And while I think about it, you know the guy who picked up Ray's (Tom Cruise) gun, didn't he chase the car down and started shooting the driver?

I swear that's what it looked like from the Diner window.
LickSamba311

Post by LickSamba311 »

Subnova wrote:
miT_311 wrote:
Heck yeah that part was pretty crazy. And while I think about it, you know the guy who picked up Ray's (Tom Cruise) gun, didn't he chase the car down and started shooting the driver?

I swear that's what it looked like from the Diner window.
yeah the guy that stole the van from ray was startin to drive away, then some other man picked up rays gun off the ground and shot him down. i could tell by the dramatic look the guy had on his face before he shot. the it showed it a little from the cafe window. man i wanna see this movie again. but 6.50?! thats like 3 crunch wrap supremes! cmon. guess ill wait for the dollar theatre
greenmonkey911
Taiyed Brodel

Post by greenmonkey911 »

cool movie until the shitty ending. goddamnit i hate shitty endings, it's like a bird that's all cool and singing and then it takes a shit on you right before it flies away.
buzzkill

Post by Guest »

The Ending in the book kicked ass.
Broken Side
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Broken Side »

THAT MOVIE WAS AMAZING! JUST SAW IT YESTERDAY!!!! THE ACTING, THE PLOT, THE SPECIAL EFFECTS WERE SO COOL. the part with the dead bodies floating, the people getting incinerated, the aliens, the fight for their mini van, the water scene, everything, so crazy, kick ass movie...that wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh noise that the alien tripod things made was fuckin scary as shit
"Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends"
:evil5:
GET LIFTED
http://soundcloud.com/joeshmo38/sets/lifted/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

greenmonkey911 wrote:cool movie until the shitty ending. goddamnit i hate shitty endings, it's like a bird that's all cool and singing and then it takes a shit on you right before it flies away.
buzzkill
Well did you not like the ending to Signs either?

Broken Side - Wahahahahahaha, yeah the movie was extremely kick ass. 8)