soundboy311
My stream of consciousness is a sea

Hmmm....

Post by soundboy311 »

Yeah
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

Good to know they are gonna follow through with the break. I can't wait to see what comes from them in the future.
"A call out for unity
In every province and city
What do you think we've been saying
Since we first started playing"

:evil5:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

there you go bitch boys, nick thought the album sucked too, stop putting all the blame on him

"I wouldn't feel satisfied if our next album can be so closely compared to our last one."

the only dissapointing thing to hear from this interview is

"I've been doing some jazz standards but also some rock and pop things,"
:evil5: TB>BB
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

slmjimy311 wrote:"I wouldn't feel satisfied if our next album can be so closely compared to our last one."
Translation: .... "FUck. This album did NOT make enough money. .. and it WASN'T a fucking CHART TOPPER. and a huge amount of our fans were crazy unhappy about it. .... I'll be pissed if the next album fails the same way :evil: "

WHY does nick do all the interviews. ... eff. he just makes all the guys look stupid.
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

I don't think I can wait for another 311 album for too long. The break will defiently be a great thing, that's for sure.

And I think Hexum has a trademark on the word "Eclectic"
Offbeat_Dumb_Ass
Massive Laminate Fortress

Post by Offbeat_Dumb_Ass »

Subnova wrote: And I think Hexum has a trademark on the word "Eclectic"
LOL! I noticed that too. He really likes that word.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

mystoneybaby wrote:
slmjimy311 wrote:"I wouldn't feel satisfied if our next album can be so closely compared to our last one."
Translation: .... "FUck. This album did NOT make enough money. .. and it WASN'T a fucking CHART TOPPER. and a huge amount of our fans were crazy unhappy about it. .... I'll be pissed if the next album fails the same way :evil: "

WHY does nick do all the interviews. ... eff. he just makes all the guys look stupid.
OR, he thinks that the album wasnt as good as their other albums and he thinks they can do better MUSICALLY not FINANCIALLY
:evil5: TB>BB
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

no .. he's just changing his tune now. ... don't you remember how he was BEFORE the album flopped? "We're really proud of it .. blahblahblh . it's very edlectic. jibber jibber. good stuff. blibbityblee. "
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
solarflare47
Taiyed Brodel

Post by solarflare47 »

yeah i guess a break could be good..but god it seems impossible to wait for another album everytime the last one gets a little old and played out...i hate waiting so much and not even having a tentative release date (which would get pushed back anyway)...waiting for these things is so tedious and horrible lol..not that there's anything we can do about it
We spend our lives learning,
if you like learning, life is large,
it could never be only the ups,
and the downs will always come around, yeah yeah,
like a drive through Estes park you savor the sun,
but when the clouds come make animals...
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CollapsingVisionary »

i still like it.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"
y2kprelude
Taiyed Brodel

Post by y2kprelude »

Just a restatement of what we already knew. Just out of Nicks mouth instead of Pnuts
Virginia Beach, VA
AIM: Skaholic
http://www.myspace.com/311hive
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

atl east we know who's fault it would be if the band broke up.

Maybe the other 4 guys should make an album without him, using guest front men.
DynamicJ
Taiyed Brodel

Post by DynamicJ »

Sayzak wrote:atl east we know who's fault it would be if the band broke up.

Maybe the other 4 guys should make an album without him, using guest front men.
yeah, like scott stapp :wink:
Elmt...Image
solarflare47
Taiyed Brodel

Post by solarflare47 »

Yeah look how good continuous life is...no nick vocals..such a good song. They could pull a lot off without him (even though I'd honestly rather have the band how it is now).

In fact, i was listening to C.L. today and couldn't stop imagining what it could be like if that song was released as a single for some reason. I bet ppl would pick it up quick and like it and it would become popular for its sound. I can picture a video for it too if just like S.A. singing in some cool looking place or something. It would be on TRL and shit haha. If only 311 gained that kind of popularity with obscure songs like that..since 98 percent of their shit is good obscure songs...
We spend our lives learning,
if you like learning, life is large,
it could never be only the ups,
and the downs will always come around, yeah yeah,
like a drive through Estes park you savor the sun,
but when the clouds come make animals...
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

Nick is as much of a key part of the band as anyone else.
"A call out for unity
In every province and city
What do you think we've been saying
Since we first started playing"

Pearce
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Pearce »

i don't think nick should be kicked out of the band. yes...i think he is a douchebag now...he didn't always used to be like this. he didnt get all wrapped up in his words. He was so chill and laid back and now music is more business than music to him...or so it seems. i don't like how they call him the frontman. i hate that word. "front man". pretty much why i hate singers in general, besides a select few. But they give off the impression that they own the band.

"I think we need to step back and I need to talk to the guys and we need to think about that for awhile."

he fucked up big time...and he knows it. i sensed a sort of hostility the last 6 times i saw them since dtom was released. They're stage presence shows it...there is no aknowledgement between the guys. i THink what he's sayin there is that he needs to apologize to them for bein such a cunt. i think nick was the heart and soul of 311...

a lot of time, when ppl thought of 311, they thought of a tall skinny white dude with blonde hair rapping. and they dug it...now this pop? i just don't understand. i hope that they...cuz its not just nick that's starstruck...but i hope that they come to their senses during the break about what they are doing.

it's not about the money. yes it helps if it pays the bills, but it is a priveledge to send a message of positivity to the WORLD through music that you wrote. not about billboards or album sales...but the live shows, thats where it counts...and thank god they are able to still sell out a show, because people find hope at these shows of being part of a rock show man.
fuckin when will the pop shit discontinue?!
adrockmca
Hang in there use your head

Post by adrockmca »

if sexton wrote all the songs it would be really sick.