Wii really is amazing

Movies. TV. Video Games. The Internet. Talk about any of these or post your own photos or videos.
DynamicJ
Taiyed Brodel

Wii really is amazing

Post by DynamicJ »

i know u guys have had yours and im sure some of the appeal is gone, but DAMN.

I caught myself wondering why I ever had a 360 to begin with.

whats everyone's wii Number?

mines 4354 6363 5073 4191
Elmt...Image
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

I'm still pretty happy with my Wii. I haven't really been playing it much, though.
It's really hard to have long gaming sessions with it, and some games like SSX and Sonic kinda just make me wish I could play them with an analog stick controller. I play a lot of the crazy games like Wii play and stuff when people are over hangin out. There's a new Marble Mania game comin out tomorrow that's supposed to be pretty good if you're into those type of games.
I was actually bowling with my grandpa today when I went over to see them. He beat me 178 to 172 :(

But yeah my 360, and even PS2 have been gettin' more love than my Wii lately since I've been playing shit like God of War 2, and Ghost Recon 2, and watching a lot of DVDs and stuff.

I think if I bring my Wii downstairs and put it in the living room it will get a lot more use.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
Anti-Dentite
Here I sit in idle envy

Post by Anti-Dentite »

the only game worth getting on wii (besides the virtual console games) is zelda...that game is phenominal...other than that its kinda slow right now
FrixHex311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FrixHex311 »

what about tiger woods on Wii
the commercial looks sweet
3/9/02, 9/4/02, 7/21/03, 8/27/03
8/7/05, 9/11/05, 3/11/06, 9/3/06
7/4/07, 7/5/07, 3/11/08, 7/24/08
5/12/09, 12/5/09, 3/11/10, 7/13/12
7/29/14, 8/2/15, 8/5/16
311 The best no CONTEST!
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

zelda is garbage. the wii is only good for games that use the controllers in fun ways. its fun to play when you have some friends over and all that but the weak graphics and kiddie bullshit games aren't worth the price.

the evolution of the wii type controller is what is exciting. imagine 20 years from now. its gonna get silly
Rock for Light
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

i agree with ray, it has very very few games actually worth buying right now for it to be a good system, i think its highly overrated
:evil5: TB>BB
Sparticus
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Sparticus »

$lmjimy311 wrote:i agree with ray, it has very very few games actually worth buying right now for it to be a good system, i think its highly overrated
Well actually the only system with multiple games worth buying right now is the 360, and thats just cause its been out for far longer. It's not like the PS3 has anything worth buying either.

Also Zelda is an amazing game, I think you are relatively alone in your opinion there Ray.

Edit: Oh and the Virtual Console system totally makes up for the lack of games. Super Mario World, Gunstar heroes, Sonic, Toejam & Earl, Beyond Oasis, Zelda: LttP, Ocarina of Time, Castlevania IV, Donkey Kong Country, Mariokart 64...etc. Sure you can get those games all on emulators for your PC but it just isn't the same as sitting down in front of your TV with a classic controller.
Last edited by Sparticus on Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

I agree with Ray on Zelda.

I hated Wind Waker, but TP is a mch better game than that but still its not very good

The problem I had was that it took so much from previous Zelda's (collecting an initial 3 items, then master sword then etc) the dungeons are kind of meh.

The only cool thing is Zant. He's a badass.
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CollapsingVisionary »

$lmjimy311 wrote:i agree with ray, it has very very few games actually worth buying right now for it to be a good system, i think its highly overrated
PS3 FANBOY!
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

CollapsingVisionary wrote:
PS3 FANBOY!

call me a fanboy, but i know when sony is at fault on their shit and i call them out on that

as for the VC remark...i wouldnt be buying a new system to play my old games, i have other systems for that, i like ps3 and 360's thing where old games are getting online multiplayer and shit like that...now that is badass, if nintendo did that, word to them.

and when did i ever say that sony has a shit load of great games to buy right now. i htink it has more games that i want than the wii though thats for sure

ps3 - resistance, virtua fighter 5, motor storm, fight night round 3, need for speed carbon, call of duty 3

wii - zelda...wii play?...
:evil5: TB>BB
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Subnova wrote:The problem I had was that it took so much from previous Zelda's (collecting an initial 3 items, then master sword then etc)
theyve been doing that since zelda on nes. (its part of the legend)
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

the only problem with this new zelda was it was too easy. i played it on GC so maybe that was why, but the bosses were a joke. but i thought the dungeons were fun and i liked all the new weapons and items, especially the spinner.
I Want to Believe :evil5:
wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wbrycew »

Zelda was amazing. I can't believe one could complain about that game.

The next big thing for Wii comes out in like two weeks: Super Paper Mario. Go watch some videos, it's sick.
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

Super Paper Mario will be the best Mario ever
wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wbrycew »

Subnova wrote:Super Paper Mario will be the best Mario ever
Tough call to make. Mario Galaxy looks like it'll be incredible. Mario 64 was extremely revolutionary. Super Mario World and Mario 3 were amazing too. Eh forget it, they're all amazing. I can't pick.
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

There are a lot of great games on the Wii, IMO. It's just that hardly any of them seem to have any signifigant single player experience, aside from Zelda, and this new one Marble Mania I just got today (which is freakin' awesome by the way).

To be honest, lately my 360 and PS2 have been occupying my gaming time, and not the Wii. I think the Wii lineup is still a bit light but it has enough good games to purchase for sure. And it has a lot of cool multiplayer games.
I Still have a lot of faith in the Wii, I just think developers really need to learn how to utilize it better and not just tack on crazy motion controls to every game. We;ve seen them do it really well for a lot of games, but once people get tired of the crappy gimmicky games we'll see them putting out some real killer apps.
Some games like SSX and Sonic even make me wish I could just play them on a regular analog controller.

I could see myself buying a PS3 sometime this year for sure because I don't think I want to miss out on Heavenly Sword if that's anywhere near as good as it looks, and there's supposed to be a Xenosaga game comin out for PS3, and of course a few other good games like FF, MGS, etc.
I think if they drop the price to $500 like people are speculating, and they get rumble in those controllers now that their lawsuit with immersion is finished, then I'll need to buy a PS3.

(phew that post turned out a lot longer than I planned >_<)
Later
ImageImage
Anti-Dentite
Here I sit in idle envy

Post by Anti-Dentite »

FreeRayLiotta wrote:zelda is garbage. the wii is only good for games that use the controllers in fun ways. its fun to play when you have some friends over and all that but the weak graphics and kiddie bullshit games aren't worth the price.

the evolution of the wii type controller is what is exciting. imagine 20 years from now. its gonna get silly
you may not like zelda, and for whatever reason thats fine, but to say it is garbage is crazy. besides being a great game (a launch game at that) and series which sets the standards for most other games of this genre, it has done everything its supposed to do for the wii. it introduces all the different possibilities you can have with the controller and really gives you a sense of what the system is all about and capable of doing. most importantly, it's fun. although graphics do enhance the gaming experience, by basing a game on that alone will only leave you missing some great titles.
wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wbrycew »

Jordan311 wrote:There are a lot of great games on the Wii, IMO. It's just that hardly any of them seem to have any signifigant single player experience, aside from Zelda, and this new one Marble Mania I just got today (which is freakin' awesome by the way).
Weird, my friends and I all have the exact opposite complaint of you, Jordan. There isn't nearly enough multi-player action on the Wii yet. When we get together, we STILL play Wii Sports multiplayer more than anything else, with a little bit of Wii Play thrown in. It's getting old.

Monkey Ball multi-player is gimicky and weak. Rayman is decent. Mario Party just got delayed. Red Steel multi-player blows (as does the rest of the game). Smash Bros doesn't come out until late '07.

Once Mario Party and Smash Bros are out, my Wii will get a lot more action I think.
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

wbrycew wrote:
Jordan311 wrote:There are a lot of great games on the Wii, IMO. It's just that hardly any of them seem to have any signifigant single player experience, aside from Zelda, and this new one Marble Mania I just got today (which is freakin' awesome by the way).
Weird, my friends and I all have the exact opposite complaint of you, Jordan. There isn't nearly enough multi-player action on the Wii yet. When we get together, we STILL play Wii Sports multiplayer more than anything else, with a little bit of Wii Play thrown in. It's getting old.

Monkey Ball multi-player is gimicky and weak. Rayman is decent. Mario Party just got delayed. Red Steel multi-player blows (as does the rest of the game). Smash Bros doesn't come out until late '07.

Once Mario Party and Smash Bros are out, my Wii will get a lot more action I think.

Well, let me clarify. I guess there's a lot of crazy minigame multiplayer stuff. It has a lot of party game type stuff.
Nothing really concrete that will make you and your friends want to sit there for hours and play multi, with the exception of the downloadable Mario Kart 64, of course :)

And yeah, Red Steel is pretty bad. If you want a pretty fun multiplayer shooter grab Far Cry. Maybe wait until the price drops a bit or get it used or something, but the controls, aiming, weapon varity, and game modes are a lot better than those on Red Steel, and it has more levels to boot. Be warned, it's only a max of 2 players though. Red Steel is 4, but the graphics are so shitty that you can't see anything in those tiny little quarter screens anyway.
The single player levels aren't too bad either. Although, the graphics are pretty awful, but if you can get past that I think it's the most solid shooter on the Wii to date, if only because the controls are a lot more user-friendly than the janky shit you gotta deal with in Red Steel.

I do highly recommend this game Kororinpa Marble Mania, if you're into those types of games. It's pretty addicting.

Later
ImageImage
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

anyone pick up godfather?

i hear its pretty good.