Post pics of the toys you grew up with!

A place to say what you want.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

OMFG THE TMNT SEWER. I had that, and the figures, and the car that threw those plastic pizzas. Remember how on the sewer set, the pipe on the end would always fall off when you tried to use it? Boot the Foot, bitches.

I also had the Ghost Busters collection with their sweet ass car

And I had the lifesize ghost zapper thing that had that cheesy yellow cylindrical foam that served as the laser, though I can't find a picture of it.

I was all about me some Hot Wheels and all the sets that came with it...

Don't worry, the Shark Car is still alive and well today. That picture was taken circa December '04 and is actually from my Myspace pictures.

Mmm...and a little later on...some good old fashioned Crash Test Dummies

Then as I got a bit older, I was all about them Legos...
I specifically liked the Police and Firefighter sets, but I can't find pictures of these. I used to build them and destroy them. I was really into weather and fascinated by hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes at the time, so I used to pretend like my lego sets were being destroyed by one of the disasters that I listed.

When I got even older, I can't lie, I was down with Tomagotchis cause they were pretty sweet. Probably cause it was something to do during class and were small enough to hide.

[/img]
Broken Side
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Broken Side »

didn't it always piss you off that legos were always so damn expensive, i never understood that shit, it would be like 10 dollars for those little small packs that built like a little space ship or something and only had like 5 peices to it, it always made me so mad
"Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends"
:evil5:
GET LIFTED
http://soundcloud.com/joeshmo38/sets/lifted/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

this one almost ended a friendship :twisted:

Music's what i need to keep my sanity

Post by Guest »

Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

My thing was gi joes, I had the base or whatever, the one that was on wheels, and a bad ass space shuttle one. Along with about 100 gi joes all kinds of tanks and shit. Remember the "tiger" type stuff, their was a boat, jet and a few other things. Oh shit I loved them. I liked micro machines too. Of the above things, a kid that lived down the street had the goast buster stuff, nextdoor kid had heman, another kid had the TMNT sewer. But over the years the thigs that we played with the mos was toy guns, go figure.
So its come to this?
Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

M.A.S.K. Ruled!!! I had that purple truck, and these...

And thundercats!
Last edited by Station on Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CULTI-VADER
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CULTI-VADER »

one of my favorite things as a kid. not really a toy i guess but..Image
SIP ON THE THICK JUICE
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

first of all, m.a.s.k. was the shit, anybody have any episodes for download!?

secondly:

and:

LickSamba311
You got a choice of what you can do

Post by LickSamba311 »

CULTI-VADER wrote:one of my favorite things as a kid. not really a toy i guess but..Image

yessssssss. i had the movie. i havent seen it for sooo long. so very long. i remember the snot face one the most. oh shit. i want to see it agian. where can i get it.
Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned everywhere is war, me say war.
http://www.myspace.com/daveskiimeetsdub
CULTI-VADER
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CULTI-VADER »

not sure. ive been looking for that movie for a long time. ive been checking ebay but havnt checked in a few weeks. i want that shit so bad!
SIP ON THE THICK JUICE
Vibe Merchant
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Vibe Merchant »

the only thing true, we gotta love each other. try to keep a positive vibe.
they make it tough for ya. you're cut off and lonely while you hustle for dough.
we can overcome the wrongs while we're reachin' the point.
stick together all forever. now continue to flow
Flowing
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Flowing »

Barbies and those nano-babies, its like a Tomagotchi except you take care of a baby
"Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct " Chuck Palahniuk

:evil5::smurfin:
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Am I the only one who was into the M.U.S.C.L.E men toys? Those little rubber like wrestler dudes. They came in little clear/white plastic trash cans. There were like hundreds of them! I collected those like a madman. I still have tons too.

These dudes are fuckin' amazing! I have a huge bag right on the shelf here of like 200 of them that I still have. I could prolly sell them on ebay for a lot too. And of course GI Joe. Masters of the Universe. I have this oldschool masters of the universe T-shirt that I bought at six flags a couple years ago. Ohhh the nostalgia :):):):D

Later
ImageImage
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

i had the red one with a tree on it's belly and hearts all over the place.... My mom thinks it's why I'm such a tree hugger.

in the books madeline got her appendix taken out .. and under that blue trench coat is a scar painted on the doll!!!

still have mine, though it's a different one than in the picture .. i always braided beads into it's maine.

i actually had a knock off Easy Bake oven ... That christmas santa had given Easy Bakes to all the other little girls and had to give me a different kind becuase he ran out ... The christmas i stopped believing.

mine was actually human size and had a stove sticker on the top with little yellow chairs and a full set of plastic china and silver.
Image :smurfin: :evil5:
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Holy shit, Care Bears were awesome 8)

Later
ImageImage
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

Jordan311 wrote:Holy shit, Care Bears were awesome 8)

Later
Dude, that closet must be get stuffy, come on out.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

:roll:

I think in order to post in this topic you have to actually qualify the "grew up" portion of the title, Sayzak.

Later
ImageImage
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

to add to this thread:

Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

And, of course, Transformers were the shit. The originals were awesome, and I was big into the Beast Wars ones. I had a lot of the Beast Wars toys. Like Megatron was a big T-Rex, and Optimus Prime was the gorilla. Good stuff.

Later
ImageImage
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

star war toyz, gi joes, ninja turtles, and guns, lots of guns