Denver Legalizes Marijuana

A place to say what you want.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Also...
"it made no sense to prevent prosecution by Denver authorities while marijuana charges are most often filed under state and federal law."
This new Denver law will change nothing. If someone gets caught with marijuana they will still be charged with posession (and arrested or whatever), because it will be under state or federal law, not city law.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Element wrote:well, denver is a big place. so that means maybe state law can be overturned in a later poll?
Maybe... Eventually. But it will take a long ass time and a hell of a lot of votes. I'm sure if they voted for it as a state law it would be easily turned down right now. People would need to do a lot of campaigning and convincing to get the state law changed. That's a huge deal.

As for now, this new Denver law does absolutely nothing.

Later
ImageImage
solarflare47
Taiyed Brodel

Post by solarflare47 »

absolutely nothing? i highly doubt that...why would everybody waste time doing the whole thing and reporting on it if it did nothing? im sure it means what it says, and adults can carry an ounce...at least carry it
We spend our lives learning,
if you like learning, life is large,
it could never be only the ups,
and the downs will always come around, yeah yeah,
like a drive through Estes park you savor the sun,
but when the clouds come make animals...
Sparticus
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Sparticus »

Jordan311 wrote:Also...
"it made no sense to prevent prosecution by Denver authorities while marijuana charges are most often filed under state and federal law."
This new Denver law will change nothing. If someone gets caught with marijuana they will still be charged with posession (and arrested or whatever), because it will be under state or federal law, not city law.

Later
Actually the only people that would be able to arrest you would be state police. The city police wouldn't be able to arrest you for possession, but they could hold you until someone else could charge you with possession. So maybe this will just end up cutting down on the amount of people that actually get charged with having it on them.
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

I live in Denver...woohoo!!!!! 8)
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

solarflare47 wrote:absolutely nothing? i highly doubt that...why would everybody waste time doing the whole thing and reporting on it if it did nothing? im sure it means what it says, and adults can carry an ounce...at least carry it
haha. Jesus christ. Stoners really are stupid. Read the damn article. It's spelled out right there.

Later
ImageImage
DoYouRight311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by DoYouRight311 »

Jordan311 wrote:
solarflare47 wrote:absolutely nothing? i highly doubt that...why would everybody waste time doing the whole thing and reporting on it if it did nothing? im sure it means what it says, and adults can carry an ounce...at least carry it
haha. Jesus christ. Stoners really are stupid. Read the damn article. It's spelled out right there.

Later
Dude, do you really need to label people?
If someone gets caught with marijuana they will still be charged with posession

The city police wouldn't be able to arrest you for possession, but they could hold you until someone else could charge you with possession.
solarflare47
Taiyed Brodel

Post by solarflare47 »

first of all im not a fuckin stoner, second of all, i only skimmed the article so i missed that point lol...but thats crazy that they think legal grass would reduce alcohol consumption..haha
We spend our lives learning,
if you like learning, life is large,
it could never be only the ups,
and the downs will always come around, yeah yeah,
like a drive through Estes park you savor the sun,
but when the clouds come make animals...
Broken Side
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Broken Side »

for one, stoners are definetly not stupid, i just got an 83 on my calculus test! woo! and as far as i've read about this law it is legal to possess u to an ounce of marijuana if you are over the age of 21. You can't grow it, drive under the influence, or distribute it and those kind of things but if a cop busts you with some pot on it, you will get to keep your pot and no problems will occur as long as you are 21. I'm pretty sure they didn't vote on that for nothing and weed is already decriminalized here in southern illinois. If i was to get busted here for an ounce of marijuana i would only receive a small mail in citation. There are a million things more harmful than marijuana that some of you non smokers do everyday. They've even proven that marijuana has chemicals that reverse the cancer causing agents that cigarettes do, so it is not as harmful. Yes, there is some harm to your body in smoking all the time, but thats a life choice and I really don't care about it. There is no reason for it to be illegal, for people who haven't smoked it, you need to understand it doesn't fuck you up like alcohol and make you see shit or anything like they try to say. Only some people trip and act stupid off marijuana, those people are lightweights and stupid. Either way, denver is cool, peace! and jordan! stop talkin shit about stoners, we are friendly, and it helps bring the creativity to a lot of the music you enjoy such as 311 and broken side mah fucka haha, peace again
"Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends"
GET LIFTED
http://soundcloud.com/joeshmo38/sets/lifted/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ATLantaStylee
We go on like it ain't no thing

Post by ATLantaStylee »

Well said.
Bobby, You be quiet out there.
DoYouRight311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by DoYouRight311 »

ATLantaStylee wrote:Well said.
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

it means that a state cop will have to make the arrest. city cops won't arrest you.

- and jordan needs to turn off the anime, step away from the computer.. and go get drunk stoned a laid
Rock for Light
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

Getting laid while drunk is kinda lame. Cuz the next day you're like "I did what? Wow, I didn't know I had it in me..."

Then you try to do it sober and it's akward.

... What? :oops:

:lol:
swindle311
Butterfly in the wind without a care

Post by swindle311 »

how do the dever ppl over 21 supposed to get it, i mean it is still illegal so don't the cops know that they are getting the weed from someone who is selling it and distributing it. to make it legal, they should provide it.
311 has GRASSROOTS
tlane276
Cool as the blue water all around

Post by tlane276 »

sayzak wrote:Getting laid while drunk is kinda lame. Cuz the next day you're like "I did what? Wow, I didn't know I had it in me..."

Then you try to do it sober and it's akward.

...unless it's one of the times when you're like, "oh shit...I did HER??!? Too much booze can make a turd pretty. I never did anything I regretted while stoned.

... What? :oops:

:lol:
wjf
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wjf »

WEED!

Ravens 6-2
mary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mary »

Last edited by mary on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

John McClain wrote:federal law supercede's state law
state law supercede's local laws
that law is worthless.
FINALLY! There's actually someone else on these forums that knows how to read for comprehension! I guess the smoke hasn't killed everyone's brain cells... Yet.

Later
ImageImage
Broken Side
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Broken Side »

John McClain wrote:federal law supercede's state law
state law supercede's local laws
that law is worthless. it's kind of like what happened when california tried to allow gays to get married even though it's a federal law that makes it a man and woman issue.

brokenside....i am positive that weed is not decriminalized in southern illinois. having an 1/8 th on you and receiving a citation is just because they see it as a petty crime. if you get to hold on to your bag...the cop probably didn't care. now if you get caught with more than 30 grams you get intent to distribute regardless of yoru intentions. also if you have numerous baggies if it's less than 30 grams...intent. if you have a scale or sandwich bags around....intent. now if you get caught with paraphenilia...that is a whole different ball game. $750 fine minimum...that they WILL NOT look to favorably on. also the 3 strikes and your out do apply in IL. just becareful especailly if you get multiples....they will try to fuck you. seriously bro...watch yourself.
actually. it is decriminalized, i see everything you are saying but it was in the papers and everything here, weed is decriminalized here, unless you possess over 30 grams you get nothing but a mail in citation. it is a way for the city to collect more money and spend less on putting pot smokers through the system. i have been arrested for drug paraphanelia twice and received service hours only with no fine, but that was before it was decriminalized. Since then the cops have busted 3 of my friends, one with a bong and a quarter ounce and they only had a small mail in ticket to deal with. It might be true that federal law over rules everything but once it is decriminalized or completely legalized like in denver, the cops are not going to arrest you for it, plain and simple. and if they do they are assholes. I'm speaking of what I know, i'm not a person to make shit up, i have no reason to. And smoking has not made me stupid, and i'll defend that fact until the day that i die, people are stupid because they were born that way. If I lost any brain cells, it was obviously not any of the ones I needed because I'm getting along just fine, and weed actually helps me concentrate more on my school work and I tend to get more shit done while high, maybe its just me, and maybe it's just phycological, but thats what i know.
"Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends"
GET LIFTED
http://soundcloud.com/joeshmo38/sets/lifted/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;